MBA & BBA
WHY MBA & BBA
The Department of Management believes that essence of management lies not only in managing one’s own ambitions but also moving ahead purposefully. The department is running the BBA and MBA courses successfully.
Frequently asked questions in MBA & BBA
he entrepreneurial culture is a way of life. Management Studies is one of the most pursued areas these days. It is one of the emerging fields with exuberant potentials to grow. Management has now become the priority area to meet the demand of skilled business managers. The program is designed for students with an interest in entering or advancing their careers in business. The management program prepares students in the functional areas of business allowing them to develop managerial skills necessary to be effective in a rapidly changing business environment. In addition to the university syllabus and schedule, the program prepares students to do the following:
- Recognize and solve problems systematically to make better business decisions.
- Manage, develop and motivate personnel to meet changing organizational needs.
- Discover how diversity and values strengthen working relationships and contribute to effective problem solving.
- Leverage technology in a global environment to create sustainable competitive advantage.
- Evaluate risks and develop plans to lessen or eliminate their impact.
- Develop awareness of one’s own personal values and how they affect business decision making.
- Assess whether an organization’s plans and actions are aligned to meet its values.
- Integrate knowledge and reach decisions with incomplete or limited information.
- Understand a broad range of theoretical and practical applications in business.
- a) To provide the society a sound stream of competent MBAs who can manage socio-economic problems b) To emphasize on ethical management practices leading to long term sustainable business growth c) To make students globally competitive by teaching them contemporary issues in diverse economies and changing pattern of world competition d) To teach students statistical methodology to apply in corporate decision. e) To develop marketing skills through case study discussions f) To teach the latest international financial tools and techniques used by multinationals to manage the global business. g) To build up strategic thinking through SWOT analysis and value analysis. h) To teach students the importance of leadership and how to achieve it. i) To develop emotional intelligence skill along with intelligence quotient.
- Tie-up with National Stock Exchange (NSE) India for Joint Certification Programme for MBA/ BBA students.
. Outstanding faculty members with rich academic and industry experience. • Teaching pedagogy through Case Study, Smart Class, Class Participation and Team Work. • Emphasis on the social and ethical values, to build the responsible citizens of the country. • Guest Lectures, Workshops, Seminars and Extension Lectures for the overall development of the students as well as the faculty members.
- Students explore their career with focused internship with Top companies of India. • Regular Industrial Visits to promote Industry Interface. • Mock Interviews to equip students to face real interviews. • Live projects and their presentations. • Communication Labs for improving Communication/ Soft Skills.
- Group Discussion on current issues. • Scholarships for meritorious students.
.Highly effective Research & Development Cell . GGGI Management Review (ISSN-2249-4103)-A Bi-Annual Refereed International Journal of Management. .Effective Coordination of COLLOQUIUM 2015 – 6th National Conference on Engineering, Management and Apparel & Textile Technology held recently (on 21st Feb., 2015) • Oraganised International Conference on ‘Sustainable Business Growth in Turbulent Times: Opportunities and Challenges’ on 6th & 7th April, 2013.
- Oraganised second National Conference on ‘Managing Growth in the Era of Global Pressures-2012′ on 4th & 5th Feburary 2012. • Organised first National Conference on ‘Managing Corporate World – Vision 2020′ on 10th & 11th December 2010.
The Department of Management believes that essence of management lies not only in managing one’s own ambitions but also moving ahead purposefully. The department is running the BBA and MBA courses successfully. The MBA & BBA degrees develop student’s strategic thinking, ethical business practices and organizational skills. The fundamental research towards finding answers to the queries in management inculcate a leading approach in the advancement of managerial thought and practice which make up the world-class professionals ready to take on the challenges of tomorrow.. The BBA program aims at developing a student’s intellectual ability, executive personality and managerial skills through an appropriate blending of business and general education. This program provides rigorous education in Business Management encompassing areas such as General Management, Marketing, Human Resource Management and Finance. The emphasis is on contemporary issues affecting business and problem solving, such as management of change within an increasingly dynamic environment and the development of business skills across organizations and sectors. Labs Multimedia Lab, Computer Lab and Internet Lab. Facilities The students are required to undergo summer training for gaining practical knowledge. Mentorship To help students overcome the mental blocks, personally as well as professionally. Future Department of Management is an evergreen stream that is directly, or indirectly, affecting all other disciplines. Management field have tremendous opportunities in industries and the academic sphere. This field guides all other aligning areas including Production, Information Technology, Strategy etc. Job perspectives Management graduates have numerous career options: Event Management, Banking, Insurance, Forex, Export- Import, Global Marketing, Merchandising, Administration, IT Management, B2B Marketing Companies, Online Retailing Companies and many more. These days, management people are expected to be versatile and expected to perform many function so the academic input is designed to fulfill the requirement of the industry.
|UG Programme||Eligibility||No. of seats|
|Masters in Business Administration MBA (Two Years)The program consists of core courses with specialization in:||Should be pass in Bachelor’s or Post Graduate Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto by Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.||120|
|Bachelor in Business Administration BBA (Three years)||10+2 pass in any stream from any recognised board.||90|
|SN||Name||Designation||Qualification||Teaching Experience||Papers Publ. in Jour./Conf.||M.Tech /MBAGuided||Photos|
|1.||Dr.Shubkamna||Director (Admin)||M.Com., Ph.D., D.Lit.(App. Bus. Eco.)||45+ years||58(Nat. & Int.) /125(Nat. & Int.||22 Guided one in process|
- Member of UGC Panels
- Chairman of Sports Council of CCSU, Merrut
- Member of Exacutive Council (Three Times)
- Patron of Indian Journal of Commerce
- Patron of International Journal of Management & Social Development
- Patron of International Journal of Management & Development Studies
- Patron of Journal Commonwealth
- Patron of Commerce & Management Research
- Ex-Dean, Faculty of Humanities, Mohd. Ali Jahor University, Rampur, U.P.
- Ex-Principal, JV Jain P.G. College, Saharanpur, U.P.
- Ex-Captain, Third NCC Battalion, Hisar, Haryana
- Chairman, AHSAS(Azad Hind Social Alleviation Society, INDIA)
- Author of Five Books & more than 80 Research Papers
|2.||Dr. Shubh Kamna Rathore||Associate Professor and Head||Ph.D Management, UGC-NET, MBA, B.Ed, B.Sc||9 years||8 papers and 6 Book Reviews/23||5 per sem (approx)|
|3.||Dr. L.R. Dagar||Associate Professor||Ph.D.(Mgt.), M.Phill(Mgt.) MBA(HR) M.A.(Mass Comm.) PG Diploma(Journalism) PG Diploma(Expert Mkg. Mgt.) PG Diploma(Bus. Mgt.) BA(Public Admin. & Social)||9Y (T), 7Y(Ind)||2/-||5 per sem|
|4.||Mr. Jitender Kaushal||Assistant Professor||MBA, UGC NET||10 YEARS||6/10||5 candidates per sem|
|5.||Mr. Gunjan||Assistant Professor||MBA(Fin.)||9 Years||–||—|
|6.||Ms. Priyanka Rani||Assistant Professor||MCOM, MBA, CS(INTER)||6 Y||–||–|
|7.||Ms. Shelly Gupta||Assistant Professor||MBA, UGC NET, M.com, B.com||5 Y||1/2||5 per semester (approx)|
|8.||Ms. KamalPreet Kaur||Assistant Professor||MBA , B.com||4.6 Y||NA/NA||5 per semester (approx)|
|9.||Ms. Rajni||Assistant Professor||MBA||2.6 Y||NA/NA||–|
|10.||Ms. Simpy Garg||Assistant Professor||BCOM, MBA||4 Y||–||–|
|11.||Ms. Rajni||Assistant Professor||MBA||2.6 Y||NA/NA||–|
|12.||Ms. Priyanka Sharma||Assistant Professor||BCOM, MBA||2 Y||–||–|
|12.||Ms. Monika Sharma||Assistant Professor||BBA, MBA, NET||9.7 Y||–||–|
|12.||Ms. Sandeep Kaur||Assistant Professor||Hindi||4 Y||–||–|
ist of Laboratory in Odd Semester
|Sr. No.||Name of Laboratory|
List of Laboratory in Even Semester
|Sr. No.||Name of Laboratory|
|Sr. No.||Name of Laboratory|
|1||19-09-2014||Investment decisions||Prof. B.S. Bodla (Chairman, University School of Management, Kurukshetra)|
|2||29-10-2014||TODAY MARKETING SENERIO AND JOB OPPORTUNITIES||Mr Gourav Sharma ( Hr Head, Eureka Forbes Limited)|
|3||11-02-2015||BUSINESS PROPOSALS||Mr Manoj Kumar (CEO,Mcnewton Solutions Pvt Ltd)|
|4||13-02-2015||DIGITAL MARKETING||Mr Sanjay Dixit (CEO, Indian School of Digital Education)|
|5||16-02-2015||STOCK EXCHANGE||Mrs Meenu Arora ( Hr Head,Angel Broking Pvt Ltd )|
|6||13-03-2015||COMMUNICATION SKILLS||Mrs Deepika Kapoor ( Head Voice Assessor, HCL Technologies)|
|7||21-03-2015||COMMUNICATION SKILLS AND PERSONILITY DEVELOPMENT||Mr Brijendra Singh (Hr Executive,Genpact )|
MBA IV SEM
IV SEM-Research Project (CP-402)
IV SEM-Comprehensive VIVA VOCE (CP-403)
IV SEM-STRATEGIC MARKETING (MM-404)
IV SEM-RURAL AND AGRICULTURAL MARKETING(MM-405)
IV SEM-SERVICE MARKETING (MM-403)
IV SEM-INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL MARKET(IB-401)
IV SEM-INTERNATIONAL MARKETING(IB- 402)
IV SEM-INTERNATIONAL STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT(IB-404)
IV SEM-CROSS CULTURAL AND GLOBAL MANAGEMENT (IB-405)
MBA II SEM
II SEM- Management Science (CP-201)
II SEM- Marketing Management(CP-202)
II SEM- Financial Management(CP-204)
BBA VI sem
VI sem Business Law-II (BBA-309)
VI sem Environment Management (BBA-314)
BBA 4TH SEM-MARKETING MANAGEMENT,BBA-211
BBA 4TH SEM- PRINCIPLES OF MATERIAL MANAGEMENT, BBA-213
BBA 4TH SEM- BUSINESS STATISTICS-II, BBA-210
BBA 4TH SEM-MACRO BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT,BBA-209
BBA 4TH SEM-HUMAN BEHAVIOUR AT WORK, BBA-208
BBA 4th SEM-FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT,BBA-212
BBA II Sem
II SEM – BUSINESS COMMUNICATION-I (BBA 113 )